Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Result of the Run

Not exactly a minimalist post, unless minimal common sense counts. That said, I figured people want to know what the result of the previous post was.

Contrary to common sense I decided to run Steep Ravine this morning with
www.coastaltrailruns.com. Thanks to Charles A Ceasar II (he is the one doing the knocking out) for advising me on how to treat a tweaked back. Still, up through the first mile in the seven mile course I considered dropping out. But after the 4 mile climb to the aid station I was feeling better and my son Adam was waiting for me there (he was 5 minutes ahead of me at that point).

With Adam's encouragement I kept on going and felt better and better on the downhills. Amazingly, I won my age division, and Adam, although he graciously waited for his dad till I at least got got going again (then he left me in the dust) got 2nd place in his age division. Kate was not too far behind me, but she is in the toughest age group for women runners.

Jared was waiting for us at t he finish, and Kate took the picture.



Next up on the minimzing journey... the kitchen cabinets.

P.S. Charles said I earned "warrior status" by running with a messed up back and still winning. I am not sure my lovely wife agrees. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment